Passion Planner is seeking a Graphic Designer to help bring Passion Planner’s visual assets to the next level. The Graphic Designer will design eye-catching planner layouts, typography, hand lettering, images, and other visual assets to engage with our community.
At Passion Planner, we are on a mission to empower people to live more intentionally and build a world where everyone has access to the tools and community they need to live an authentic and fulfilling life. Our paper agenda helps people define their goals, break them down into actionable steps and incorporate them into their daily lives. Passion Planner is an affordable and portable Paper Life Coach™. We have been ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of the top 1000 Fastest-Growing Businesses in the country (2018). We love what we do and have found success by helping our community find their own personal definition of success.
Location: National City, CA. This position will be currently working remotely. Must be a California resident and must be able to travel to National City, CA for in-person work from time to time.
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt position. Incumbent must be able to dedicate 40 hours per week during the normal office hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision, 401(k), Wellness Stipend, Passion Week Stipend
Compensation: $22.00 per hour
To be considered, application MUST include:
- Cover Letter
- Design Portfolio
- Passion Roadmap
- Three References
This recruitment will close on Friday, July 9, 2021 at 11:59 PM PDT.
- Developing an understanding of the mission, intent, and aesthetics of the company’s brand identity and apply it to all creative work
- Working directly under Leads to execute creative direction
- Creating planner layouts both traditionally and digitally
- Designing creative assets for promotions, products, events, newsletters, social media, and other platforms
- Developing multiple personas and styles to create diverse content
- Sketching thumbnails and roughs to present and collaborate with creative team
- Enhancing product appearance using photo editing softwares such as Lightroom and Photoshop
- Editing and curating new and existing photography, including manufacturer, consumer, influencer-generated imagery
- Following design and art trends to ensure competitiveness and relevance
- Maintaining an accessible archive of work and manageable asset workflow
- Collaborating with other members of the creative department to maintain alignment and smooth workflow
- Performing other duties as necessary
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Lightroom
- A portfolio showing previous creative work must accompany the application
- Strong fundamentals in composition, typography, hand lettering, and color
- Ability to manage the workload and conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and balance multiple projects
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and edit based on feedback
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Why Work for Us?
- Work alongside a team that is making a positive impact in the world
- Awesome, growing company culture!
- Flexible scheduling with the potential to work from home
- Fun team building events with our small, close-knit team
- Full health, dental, vision benefits and a wellness stipend after three months
- Annual Passion Week stipend after six months
- 401(k) after one year
- Competitive bonuses and many opportunities for career growth
- Hands-on experience in a small fast-growing company
- Ability to see the immediate impact of your work
Passion Planner is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, medical, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or disability status.